feedburner
amyremollata@gmail.com:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

To Kill a Mockingbird Movie Review

Labels: ,

I was in a movie- hunting mood again and I stumbled upon a black and white movies goldmine. I was giddy with excitement when I found To Kill a Mockingbird on the list. Talk about sheer luck!




Hmmm... Where do I start? I'm a "complainer" so here goes my annoying complaints:

If there is one person in the world the that I would want to be when I grow up, it would be Atticus Finch. His sense of justice, the fact that he is a lawyer, a great man embarrassed by his greatness, his love for his children, and his way of explaining things endeared him to me. I was disappointed however with his character in the movie. Atticus Finch in the movie was very far from the Atticus Finch I have in mind. I'm not criticizing Gregory Peck's performance here. It's just that whoever wrote the script did not capture the true Atticus Finch...arrrgh...( why is it that I can't explain things clearly?)

Another big disappointment is that I did not saw the personal development I was hoping to see in Scout and Jem. They practically left out that part of the story.

The trial was not what I imagined it to be. Yeah, I know the movie ranked first in AFI's top 10 courtroom dramas but I'm here I am still complaining about it. (forgive me if I'm not making any sense.)

Something to defend the movie:

I'm not saying that the movie is bad. It's just the characters and the story did not meet my expectations. Hayyy, this is what you get when you get to read the book first and watch its adaptation after. This is probably a movie that should have remained on paper.

For forum God...

I still stand firm in my belief that book is always better than its movie adaptation. I have proofs...bleh!






1 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
November 4, 2008 at 2:35 AM  

We share the same feeling about the film. :)

Post a Comment